McBride Orthopedic Hospital understands the careful balance that must be maintained to keep employees safe and businesses running. We are able to do so because of the commitments we make to both employee and employer:
- Consistent, timely communication with all parties involved
- Informed, knowledgeable staff who assess and meet the needs of our patients
- Concern for maintaining employee productivity
- Efficient delivery of health services with care and compassion
- Maintenance of the highest quality standards through continuous improvement
Medical management of injuries is what sets us apart from others. Our physicians and PAs are well-trained in occupational medicine and injury treatment. Each injury is evaluated and approached with the appropriate level of intervention. Communication includes timely phone calls from the occupational medicine physician to discuss the employee's work status, followed by a written narrative about the injury and subsequent contact with the physician if necessary.
Our physicians and staff partner with employers to provide industry specific pre-employment testing, employee wellness services and exceptional injury care to keep employees healthy.
- Pre-Placement Exams
- Pre-Work Screens
- DOT Exams
- Drug Screens
- Breath-Alcohol Testing
- Audiometric Screening
- Vision Screening
- Pulmonary Function Tests
- Pre-Placement Physicals
- Fit Testing
- Hazmat Physicals
- Medical Review Officer Services
- Flu Shots
- TB Testing
- Hepatitis A & B Vaccines
- Safety Presentations
- Ergonomic Evaluations
Return to Work Exams
The physicians of McBride strive to restore injured workers to their pre-injury status as quickly as is medically feasible. They understand it is in the patient's best interest to have a speed recovery and return to work. The return to work form is completed with instructions regarding restrictions, if indicated. It is left up to the employer to determine their capability of accommodating those restrictions.
Prompt Access to In-House Orthopedic Care
The majority of occupational medicine injuries are breaks and strains. By using McBride Occupational Medicine Centers, you have prompt access to McBride Orthopedic Hospital physicians if the injury warrants additional treatment.
Two Convenient Occupational Medicine Locations
Occupational Medicine West
4901 W. Reno, Ste 500
Oklahoma City, OK 73127
(easy access from I-44 and I-40)
Occupational Medicine Edmond
3406 S. Boulevard
Edmond, OK 73013
(easy access from Broadway Ext/I-235 and I-35)
Please Note: Drug screens are not performed at these locations after 3:30pm.
Notice to Walk-In Physical & Drug Screen Patients
Occupational medicine clinics function similar to a Hospital Emergency Room and may have longer wait times. This means people may arrive after you and be seen before you.
Factors that Affect Your Wait Time:
- Injury care is a priority. All injuries are seen before physicals and drug screens.
- Injury complexities may impact provider availability to perform physicals and drug screens, making wait times unpredictable.
- Scheduled appointments with providers for rechecks are seen before walk-ins.
- Scheduled appointments for physicals and drug screens are seen before walk-ins.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for a physical or drug screen, please contact a McBride Occupational Medicine location directly.